iasi, romania, homemade, soaps, cosmetics


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Salt soap / Săpun cu sare

This is my first salt soap, and I must confess that there are lots of recipes and advices out there about making salt bars, and it's hard to choose, especially when you don't know what to expect from it. But I decided to play it safe and used the recipe from Soap Queen, I mean... they don't call her Queen for nothing, right? :)

So her recipe only has 30 % coconut oil, not up to 80 % like the majority recommend, and I can't wait to see how this soap turned out. Judging from its look, it turned out pretty well. I'm decided to give it the whole 6 weeks cure time.

The composition is coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, shea butter, a tablespoon of castor oil, buttermilk mixed with water, a teaspoon of honey, sea salt - medium ground, decorated with coarse sea salt, scented with a mix of Ylang Ylang and Melissa.

[Am făcut primul meu săpun cu sare pe care mi-l doream demult tare... Trebuie să recunosc că am cercetat mult până să-mi fac curaj, deoarece sunt o grămadă de rețete și de păreri, și nu ai de unde ști care e mai bună, care o să-ți placă mai mult, etc. Până la urmă am vrut să merg pe mână sigură și am folosit rețeta de pe Soap Queen, că doar nu i-o zice Queen degeaba:) 

Rețeta ei are doar 30% ulei de cocos, nu cum recomandă majoritatea până la 80%. Mie mi se pare exagerat 80% pentru un săpun de corp, mi-a fost frică să nu usuce pielea prea tare. Ca să cresc cantitatea de spumă i-am mai pus de la mine puțin ulei de ricin, așa că sper să fie OK. După 6 săptămâni o să vă spun dacă mi-a ieșit experimentul sau nu. Deocamdată stau și mă uit la el, îl miros, mă mai uit și la poze, iar mai salivez pe lângă el. 

Știu că e sărat și alcalin, dar arată și miroase așa de delicios că mi se face poftă de bomboane rafaelo de fiecare dată când îl văd:D. 

Compoziția este după cum urmează: ulei de cocos, măsline, palmier, unt de shea, ulei de ricin. Apa am înlocuit-o parțial cu iaurt sana, iar la trace am mai adăugat puțină miere, sarea de mare, uleiuri esențiale de Ylang Ylang și Melissa.]

6 comments:

  1. Your salt bars look great, Iulia! I like the coarse salt decorating the tops. I am using my batch of salt soap and I just love it, especially on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I can't wait to try this soap, too, everybody seems to love it!:)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, my dear! :)
    Imi vine sa musc din el, atat de bine arata! Eu am incercat doar o singura reteta insa continea doar cocos si ricin, reteta ta pare f interesanta, o sa o incerc si eu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc Natalia, mi-a placut mult si sapunelul tau cu sare, avea o culoare foarte frumoasa. Cum ti-a placut pe piele?

      Delete
  3. You did grate job Iulia! I love salt soap and use 80% of coconut oil and the rest is Shea butter (20% superfat). It gives good lather and it is not drying. However I am really interested to see how you recipe works. Hardly wait your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips Gordana, I liked your salt soaps a lot! Maybe I'll try your recipe next time:) With mine I'm a bit worried about the lather, but Anne Marie says this recipe makes lovely creamy lather, which is encouraging enough :)

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *